All structures require foundations and the material of choice is generally reinforced concrete. This course provides a detailed examination of Eurocode 2′s requirements for the design of reinforced concrete footings, gravity walls, and piles. The course includes worked examples and delegates can apply the knowledge gained through workshop sessions.
Aims & Objectives
At the end of this course delegates will:
- Have a knowledge of the standards for structural design of concrete foundations
- Understand the basis of design for concrete foundations
- Know how to undertake the structural design of spread foundations
- Know how to undertake the structural design of semi-gravity walls
- Know how to undertake the structural design of pile foundations
- Be able to consider the connections between the superstructure and foundation.
- Standards for structural design of concrete foundations
- Basis of design for concrete foundations
- Structural design of spread foundations + workshop
- Structural design of semi-gravity walls + workshop
- Structural design of pile foundations + workshop
- Connections between structure and foundation
This course is intended for Engineers with some knowledge of concrete and/or foundations design.
Days (hrs) 1 day (6 hours) CPD
Phone: 01256 768588
Alan Wood & Partners
Lend Lease Design