The Eurocodes are now the British Standards for the design of structures. An understanding of Eurocode (EC0) and Eurocode 1 (EC1) is essential for building designers to be able to design using the material Eurocodes (EC2 to EC6). This course will explain the basics of EC0 and EC1, enabling designers to determine the design loads and actions on a building.
Aims & Objectives
On completion of this course delegates will know the limit state principles of the Eurocodes and how to determine self-weight, imposed, wind, snow actions on a building through the use of lectures.
After this course delegates will:
- Understand the design approach of the Eurocodes
- Understand of the Eurocodes relate to each other and other European Standards
- Know how to determine combinations of actions
- Now how to establish the actions on a building due to:
- Be ready to use the material Eurocodes
- Introduction to Eurocodes
- Eurocode – Basis of design (EN 1990)
- Densities, self-weight and imposed loads (EN 1991-1-1)
- Snow loading (EN 1991-1-3)
- Wind loading (EN 1991-1-4)
This course is intended as an introduction to Eurocodes for structural engineers who design building structures.
Days (hrs) 1/2 day (3 hours) IPD/CPD
Phone: 01256 768588
Alan Wood & Partners
Lend Lease Design